Welcome my name is Terry Zubiran but all students know me as Mrs. Z. I am the school counselor for both Rose Springs Elementary and Overlake Elementary. This will be my 3rd year as a professional school counselor and I am very excited to be in elementary. My goal is to provide the students I work with the skills they need to be successful in school by providing personal/social development in a safe inclusive learning environment.
I have extensive experience working with children of all ages and all circumstances. My door is always open to parents, students and faculty. I look forward to working with you all.
I will be helping students:
- Promote positive attitudes among everyone they come in contact with
- Assist students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
- Develop and deliver classroom guidance lessons
- Work with students, parents and school staff to identify learning needs and design interventions to enhance student success.
- Help students recognize and make the best of their abilities.
- Provide support during a personal crisis.
- Work with students on attendance issues.
- Coordinate referrals to outside agencies.
- Develop student career awareness.
- Help create a safe and positive learning experience.